Tabloid media sinks to new lows

The tabloid media sinks to new lows!  Out of "real" celebrities to "report"
on, they are now writing about themselves.  Tonight at the grocery store,
the headline I saw sounded more like something I'd expect from the Weekly
World Gnus program that greeted users on Matt's computer:

"Jerry Springer Exposed!"
Subtitle: "His hooker tells all!"

Dear me.  Next week on the Springer show: tabloid publishers who befriended
Satan during childhood?

--
Eric Bennett (http://www.pobox.com/~ericb/), Cornell Biochemistry Department

Forgive me if the idea of 60 computer execs gathering to say nice things
about Microsoft reminds me of gangland Chicago. Or, perhaps, the scene in
the movie "The Untouchables" in which Al Capone is walking around the
dinner table with a baseball bat. -David Coursey, ZDNN

provided.  Archives and instructions for subscribing or unsubscribing
are available from http://mph124.rh.psu.edu/~mph/humor .