It's our govt - doesn't it make you proud? (fwd)

Newsgroups: rec.humor.funny
From: [email protected] (Thomas K. Cooper)
Subject: It's our govt - doesn't it make you proud?
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 19:30:00 PDT

Goverment Computer News (http://www.gcn.com) for March 16 reported that
there is a problem with a contract the Social Security Administration has
with Unisys Corporation.

The contract is a multi-year contract for 100 MHZ Pentium computers.
However, Intel no longer makes 100MHZ chips.  So Unisys offered to install
233 MHZ computers AT THE SAME PRICE.

The Social Security Administration refused.  An SSA official reported to
Congress that "100 MHZ computers meet our current needs."

--
Selected by Jim Griffith.  MAIL your joke (jokes ONLY) to [email protected].
If you see a problem with an RHF posting, reply to the poster please,

This joke's link: http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/jokes/98/May/toogood.html

provided.  Archives and instructions for subscribing or unsubscribing
are available from http://mph124.rh.psu.edu/~mph/humor .