(fwd) [alt.pizza.delivery.drivers] A Dirty Little Secret

-- forwarded message --
From: Jim Mackey <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.humor.best-of-usenet
Subject: [alt.pizza.delivery.drivers] A Dirty Little Secret
Date: 22 Jan 1998 08:46:01 -0700

Subject: A Dirty Little Secret
From: [email protected] (Jeanne Mohan)
Newsgroups: alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

This message is for those of you who say webtv will be kicked of Usenet.

It can't happen. Technically, webtv isn't an ISP. Webtv has contracts
with many (possibly hundreds) ISPs around the U.S. to act as their
server. The only way for webtv to get kicked off Usenet is if ISPs
kicked themselves off. Either that or else cancel their contracts with
Bill Gates (Ain't gonna happen, Bill Gates is their bread and butter).

As for the general, hateful attitude in this group towards webtvers, all
I can say is I feel sorry for you. You're going to have a long suffering
life. Set-top boxes as they are called are the wave of the future. Why
do you  think Bill Gates is putting so much money into them (Soon they
will even come with Windows CU)? Even He knows that computers have
reached the end of the line in money-making terms. The vast majority of
the world's population can't afford them. The in-between people can only
afford slower, lower quality computers. Webtv Plus has a 56.5K modem and
are now selling for $199 American dollars. Tell me, where can you get
speed like that for so little amount of cash? Your modems alone cost
that much. Never mind the cost of the computer it's attached to.

Webtv has sold over 250,000 set-top boxes in the US  in just over a
year. They are on the verge of releasing a version of it in Japan and
are in the development stage for one in Europe.
This is the future, folks. Like it or not. Webtv is still just an
infant. I can almost guarantee you that within only a few years there
will be more people on the internet via webtv and RCA's version than
there will be people on computers. It's up to all of you whether or not
you want to alienate a group they my soon out-number you.

--
Moderators accept or reject articles based solely on the criteria posted
in the Frequently Asked Questions. Article content is the responsibility

--
Gregory S. Sutter                       "How do I read this file?"
mailto:[email protected]                "You uudecode it."