ISP slogans

From: [email protected] (Kirrily 'Skud' Robert)
Newsgroups: alt.sysadmin.recovery
Subject: Re: NT - Aaaargh. Die die die!
Date: 1 Apr 1998 09:13:23 GMT

In article <[email protected]>, Lionel Lauer wrote:
>Quoth [email protected] (Chris Rovers) :
>
>>AH! Good point. Just read the book where the computer (now called
>>Countess) falls in love with Kirk. Can you imagine an NT box in love
>>with you?
>
>Gack! I'd rather not.
>OTOH, at least you'd know for sure that it'd go down on you....

Reminds me of an ISP I worked for.  They were advertising in the gay press,
and a few of us (well, me and one of the techsup guys, really) spent a
productive 5 minutes trying to come up with a good catchphrase.  Keeping in
mind that the ad would almost certainly find itself down the back with all
the other "services" advertised in that publication, some of our ideas were:

"Does your internet connection keep GOING DOWN on you?"
"Your internet setup doesn't need to be LONG and HARD..."
"Is your net connection HUNG?"

In the end, they settled on "If you've got the hardware, we've got the
connection."  Yes, it did end up in the back section with all the sex ads.
No, they didn't make much business from it as far as I can recall.

K.

--
Kirrily "Skud" Robert ([email protected])
http://w3.cc.monash.edu.au/~krobert/