[[email protected]: Re: CD-R and Scanner recomendations for CD archiving of records?]

We now discover why Kodak has not founded a major world religion.

----- Forwarded message from Poul-Henning Kamp <[email protected]> -----
To: "Justin T. Gibbs" <[email protected]>
cc: "Gary T. Corcoran" <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Subject: Re: CD-R and Scanner recomendations for CD archiving of records?
From: Poul-Henning Kamp <[email protected]>

In message <[email protected]>, "Justin T. Gibbs" writ
es:
>In article <[email protected]> you wrote:
>> Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
>>
>>> Be aware that CD-R media is extremely fragile.  I would not consider it
>>> for long term archival purposes.
>>
>> Could you explain a little?  I thought some manufacturers were _claiming_
>> that their recorded disks would last 100 years! ?

Kodak promises "eternal life" which a footnote explains is 30 years.

[email protected]               "Real hackers run -current on their laptop."
"Drink MONO-tonic, it goes down but it will NEVER come back up!"

----- End forwarded message -----