From: [email protected] (Jonathan Feinberg)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.perl.misc
Subject: Re: My first perl program, yippee!
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 01:23:52 -0500

[email protected] said...
: This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

No!  *thwap*  Bad!

: Anyone who wants to use this is
: more than welcome, of course :-)
:
: Matt

*The* Matt?

Well, on to your code:

: IyFjOlxwZXJsXGJpblxwZXJsLmV4ZQ0KDQppZiAoISRFTlZ7UVVFUllfU1RSSU5HfSkgeyAN

You really should remember -w.

: CgkkbmFtZT08U1RESU4+Ow0KCWNob21wICRuYW1lOw0KCSRuYW1lID1+IHMvIC8lMjAvZzsN
: CgkkRU5We1FVRVJZX1NUUklOR309ImRhdGFiYXNlPWRhdGFiYXNlLnR4dCZmaWVsZHM9NyZm

Good, you're using modules, but what about "use strict;"?

: aWVsZDE9JHtuYW1lfSZmaWVsZDQ9c3Vzc2V4JnNlbnM9MiZkaXNwbD0xLDMsNCI7DQoJJEVO
: VntSRVFVRVNUX01FVEhPRH09IkdFVCI7DQp9DQoNCg0KJHdlYm1hc3RlciA9ICJtYXR0LnBy
: eW9yXEBkaWFsLnBpcGV4LmNvbSI7DQpwcmludCAiQ29udGVudC10eXBlOiB0ZXh0L2h0bWwi

Why don't you just use "printf?"

: LCJcblxuIjsNCg0KDQoNCiZjaGVja3ZhcmlhYmxlcyAoKTsNCiZwYXJzZV9kYXRhZmlsZSAo

If you're going to autoflush your sockets, remember to spit out "\015\012"
after all output.

: KTsNCg0KcHJpbnQgPDxFbmRfT2ZfSGVhZGVyOw0KPEhUTUw+DQo8SEVBRD48VElUTEU+U2Vh
: cmNoIFJlc3VsdHM8L1RJVExFPjwvSEVBRD4NCjxCT0RZIEJHQ09MT1I9I0ZGRkZGRj4NCjxG

Ha, ha.  Clever hack!

All in all, a tremendous first effort.

--
Jonathan Feinberg    [email protected]    Sunny Brooklyn, NY
------- end of forwarded message -------