(fwd) Intelligent Jelly Pits

-- forwarded message --
From: Josh Hayes <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: rec.games.roguelike.angband
Subject: Intelligent Jelly Pits
Date: 20 Feb 1998 12:26:18 -0800
Sender: josh@pogo

So my warrior is running around at level 6; it's a special feeling,
and find a room and look inside -- Eep! A jelly pit! Quick, close the
door.

But I'm too late -- an ochre jelly has lurched out into the doorway,
and a few other critters have stepped forward, freeing up a single
space inside the pit.

Ah, what are the odds? I think, and I read my teleport scroll to get
the hell out of there.

And OF COURSE it teleports me to the ONE FREE SPACE now available in
the jelly pit. I am quickly confused and frightened and messily dead.

It's almost like the game knows: when you're counting on something to
get you out of trouble, it deliberately does not work. Grrr.
--
     Josh Hayes	      [email protected]	    PDGA #9665
	        http://www.cqs.washington.edu/~josh

--
Gregory S. Sutter                       "How do I read this file?"
mailto:[email protected]                "You uudecode it."