(fwd) [comp.unix.advocacy] Re: Any good comparison of Linux/FreeBSD/NetBSD/OpenBSD/Hurd?

-- forwarded message --
From: [email protected] (Ignatios Souvatzis)
Newsgroups: alt.humor.best-of-usenet
Subject: [comp.unix.advocacy] Re: Any good comparison of Linux/FreeBSD/NetBSD/OpenBSD/Hurd?
Date: 4 Feb 1998 11:55:04 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

From: klaatu <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: comp.unix.advocacy, dc.org.linux-users, comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc,
 comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.misc, comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc, comp.os.linux.misc,
 alt.alien.visitors, sci.skeptic

Nathan Dorfman wrote:

> Red <[email protected]> wrote:
> > BSD was designed by the government to be a really good OS, because AT&T
> > can't program worth a darn.
>
> BSD was designed by the government, eh? And they named it after
> U.C. Berkley and gave them all the credit for *what* reason, pray
> tell? I bet they found the BSD sources encoded on optical discs
> in the UFO's that crashed over at Area 51 :-)

o my god...

Now he's done it.

do you have _any_ idea how hard we've been working, night and day year in year
out, to keep that information suppressed! Nobody must _ever_ know that TCP and
IP are alien technologies. it's bad enough that half of the commands
_obviously_ only make sense to aliens (I have it on firm authority that the
best way to tell an alien from a human is that the aliens actually _prefer_
EMACS) and that half the command-names appear to be the
phonetically-transcribed utterances of people recovering from
anesthetics - but to have someone actually break the silence and admit the
origin of the IN-ADDR-ARPA notation... well, it'll be absolutely obvious to
everyone from here on in.

--
Moderators accept or reject articles based solely on the criteria posted
in the Frequently Asked Questions. Article content is the responsibility

--
Gregory S. Sutter                       "How do I read this file?"
mailto:[email protected]                "You uudecode it."