The Passive Voice

------- start of forwarded message -------
From: [email protected] (Paraic O'Donnell)
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.urban
Subject: Re: Anyone Coming for an Indian Takeaway?

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998 04:44:33 GMT, [email protected] (Dave Wilton)
wrote:

[Context callously shorn].

>I place the semen in the
>salad dressing in the contaminated food category.

Gosh, for a moment there, I thought you meant...well, anyway:
sometimes the passive voice is your friend.

Paraic "placing semen in the first person is notoriously risky"
O'Donnell

CARTE BLANCHE A new series of gratuitous micro-literature
and cultural detritus

"Billie sings and any part of me that I've kept numb melts and I can
breathe again. Or maybe I stop breathing when I hear her sing and I
can hear beyond the sound of the music beyond any sound at all."

- Tori Amos, on Billie Holliday.

------- end of forwarded message -------
provided.  Archives and instructions for subscribing or unsubscribing
are available from http://mph124.rh.psu.edu/~mph/humor .