Godwin's Law revoked - Seebach's Law (fwd)

This could be a Major Usenet Moment.

------- start of forwarded message -------
From: [email protected] (Peter Seebach)
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.computers
Subject: Godwin's Law revoked - Seebach's Law
Date: 16 Jan 1998 21:12:38 GMT

Godwin's Law is dead.

When people make Nazi jokes, accuse someone else of being a Nazi, bring
Hitler into the debate, or anything else... Nothing Happens.

The thread continues.

People make Nazi puns.

People make jokes.

I propose a new Usenet Law, to be called "Seebach's Law":

	Whenever someone refers to Godwin's Law, the thread in which
	they do so shall be ended.

I can even explain why:

Newbies don't know who Godwin is, they see "Law", and they back off.

Experienced posters feel that, Godwin having been named, there's no
point in continuing.

-s
--
[email protected] -- I am not speaking for my employer.  Copyright '97
All rights reserved.  Boycott Spamazon!  End Spam.  C and Unix wizard -