Time to emigrate?

Microsoft VP Steve Ballmer, who gets my vote for the most arrogant bozo in
the computing industry, recently spewed for some more memorable words.

http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,17081,00.html

=====
In an interview with CNET's NEWS.COM that at times sounded like a stump
speech, Ballmer also said he does not view the current legal action by the
federal government as a competitive threat.

"I think what we're doing is right, lawful, moral, proper, and competitive.
I might even say it's the American way. We're innovating, adding value,
driving down prices, competing, serving our customers, and we're doing it
well. A lot of other companies in the United States are benefiting because
they're building on top of our platform and thriving," he vaunted. "I might
start playing the 'Star-Spangled Banner' if I went too long."
=====

That first part is odd, given that PC Week recently quoted Bill Gates as
saying, "If the DOJ has its way, Windows is dead."

As for the rest... Help!  Ack!  Barf!  Is it too late to emigrate?  Can we

Eric Bennett ( [email protected] ; http://www.pobox.com/~ericb )
Cornell University
Viewers/Converters for common internet file formats at
http://www.pobox.com/~ericb/xplat/xplat.html

Rather than attacking Microsoft where it's strongest--its lawyers--[the
group of companies opposing Microsoft] should focus its efforts where
Microsoft is weakest: the complexity of Microsoft's products and the
relatively low payoff they provide in productivity. - Eamonn Sullivan, PC
Week Magazine

provided.  Archives and instructions for subscribing or unsubscribing
are available from http://mph124.rh.psu.edu/~hunt/humor .