[[email protected]: Re: cvs commit: CVSROOT avail]

----- Forwarded message from "Jordan K. Hubbard" <[email protected]> -----
To: Mark Murray <[email protected]>
cc: Poul-Henning Kamp <[email protected]>, Eivind Eklund <[email protected]>,
        Peter Hawkins <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Subject: Re: cvs commit: CVSROOT avail
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 09:13:19 -0700
From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <[email protected]>

> <ridiculous>
> The chap I want to meet can whistle modem tones and do mental arithmetic
> well enough to log onto his local ISP and send PGP-encrypted MIME email
> using an ordinary telephone handset.
> </ridiculous>

For similar degree of silliness, try telneting to localhost at port
6000 if you're running an X server and see if you can dialog with the
server *just* by typing characters at the keyboard (usage of meta or
compose key is allowed).  I once fooled around with this back in the
early days of X, using a copy of the X11 protocol spec and a
calculator for specifying the integer constants in the right byte
order, and managed to create a window, allocate a GC and draw a line
before I returned to my senses and wondered why I was wasting my time
with such silly pursuits. :-)

					Jordan
----- End forwarded message -----
provided.  Archives and instructions for subscribing or unsubscribing
are available from http://mph124.rh.psu.edu/~mph/humor .