(fwd) [microsoft.public.inetserver.iis] Re: How bad is this?

-- forwarded message --
From: Neil <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.humor.best-of-usenet
Subject: [microsoft.public.inetserver.iis] Re: How bad is this?
Date: 15 Apr 1998 11:34:29 +0200

Subject: Re: How bad is this?
From: "Karim Alim" <root@localhost>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis

Ethan Kaplan wrote in message ...
>I have IIS 4 installed on a box that is both a backup domain controller and
>an SMS Server. How  many problems should I expect?

Top Ten Answers to This Question

10. Well, gosh, if you were expecting them, they wouldn't be problems, would
they?

9. You should expect no problems as long as your number of users is less
than three.

8. IIS 4 cannot be installed on boxes.  Try installing it on a computer.

7. Problem One: Bill is disappointed that you are not also running Exchange
Server.

6. If the box is a 16 MHz 386, you may experience problems with system
performance.

5. Problems?  With a Microsoft product?

4. You will not have any problems, unless your name is Lessig, in which case
you might have to sell your soul.

3. When you installed SMS, I guess you didn't see the dialog box that said
"WARNING - DO NOT INSTALL THIS PRODUCT ON A BDC THAT IS ALSO RUNNING IIS
4.0"

2. Number of problems = (services running * number of user accounts * number
of threads * version of sofware) DIVIDED BY (RAM in MB) * (free disk space
in MB)

1. Expect... the UNEXPECTED!!!

--
Moderators accept or reject articles based solely on the criteria posted
in the Frequently Asked Questions. Article content is the responsibility

--
Gregory S. Sutter                       "How do I read this file?"
mailto:[email protected]                "You uudecode it."