Re: What about Ike and Kay? (fwd)

------- start of forwarded message -------
From: [email protected] (Dave Wilton)
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.urban
Subject: Re: What about Ike and Kay?
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 01:34:11 GMT

On Sun, 25 Jan 1998 08:25:57 GMT, [email protected] (Bob
Church) wrote:

>This doesn't necessarily apply to this thread, but it reminded me of
>something I've thought of a lot lately. When I was growing up people were
>always saying "there's no such thing as a stupid question."
>I haven't heard it much since personal computers became popular.

Back when I was a lad in ROTC[1], the sergeant-instructors would
typically end their lectures asking for questions and reminding us
that the "only stupid question is the one that is not asked."

Well, after a lecture on the chaparall anti-aircraft missile (i.e., a
ground-launched sidewinder) and the usual intonation about stupid
questions, a cadet asked "Is that missile reusable?"

The sergeant apologized and admitted that in fact there was such a
thing as a stupid question.

[1] USAn military officer's training

--Dave Wilton
  [email protected]
  http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/dwilton/homepage.htm
------- end of forwarded message -------
provided.  Archives and instructions for subscribing or unsubscribing
are available from http://mph124.rh.psu.edu/~mph/humor .