[comp.org.usenix] Re: LISA Costume Party

From: Geoff Allen <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: comp.org.usenix
Subject: Re: LISA Costume Party
Date: 22 Oct 1997 08:09:28 -0700

> >Actually, it's "system command, computing equipment or
> >high-tech concept".
>
> /dev/null....

In an email brainstorming session with some folks here at Washington
State University, I was trying to come up with what to wear to the
costume party. In semi-desperation, I said I could always wear no
costume, and come as "man". Then I realized that I'd better clarify,
and added that "no costume" meant "street clothes" not "nude."

Another person in the conversation said, "No, because then you'd be
'strip'."

I then added that if I went nude to the costume party, I'd have to
figure out what would correspond to "ever-expanding white male gut."

The answer came from a third participant --- Emacs.

Geoff

[Disclaimer: I use emacs.]

--
Geoff Allen, [email protected], <http://www.wsu.edu/~geoff/>

You have to have a catcher because if you don't you're likely to have
a lot of passed balls. -- Baseball wisdom from Casey Stengel