[alt.sysadmin.recovery] Luser teachers at college

From: Stein Ballangrud Andersen <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.sysadmin.recovery
Subject: Luser teachers at college
Date: 30 Sep 1997 21:19:13 +0200

*sigh* My office is in the corner of a computer lab, where they teach
"Grunnleggende EDB", which translates into something like "General
computing 101". The soon to be-lusers learns to turn on a computer and
write "Hello world" in either C++ or Visual Bashit. I found in a shelf
outside my door, their "Assignment No. 3". AND I QUOTE: (and
translate:)

"Introduction to the InterNet: InterNet is basically self-instructing,
and is started in the window called "InterNet" with the icon "www NetScape
3.01 Gold". Before you start, you should familiarize yourself with the
right behaviour and customs of InterNet, by clicking on green text and
reading about ethics and other subjects."

No wonder lusers get the way they are.

I need a coffee break.

Stein

--
Stein Ballangrud Andersen         |  I can run away with captain's courageous.
[email protected]              |  I can live on fruit in Montego Bay.