[alt.folklore.computers] Re: Do Old Programmers Die, Fade Away, or...?

From: [email protected] (Tom Watson)
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.computers
Subject: Re: Do Old Programmers Die, Fade Away, or...?
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 15:39:48 -0800

[email protected] writes:

> >| No.
> >
> >Some of us do.
>
> You're unusual. The papers are full of jobs specifying products down to
> the version number? "Wanted; Programmer, must have experience of
> Googolplex V2.45 Release 5".

Then the HR bozos usually include the "requirement" of "at least 5 years
experience in..." and the software package they refer to has only been on
the market for one, or two years.  Makes real sense.

Ad copy:

Wanted:   Person with 5 or more years experience in all of the following:
Sea/Sea Plus Plus, Pearl, Eunichs.  Assembler programmers need not apply.

The last sentence is in reference to a "flame fest" in another newsgroup.
Please don't continue it here :-).

Maybe we should have an archive of "bad ads" we have all seen.  Sometimes
they are really funny.  Probably not "Headlines (Tonight Show)" material,
but close!!

- --
Tom Watson
[email protected]         (Home: [email protected])

This message comes to you as a service of the mph-humor list.  No
claims of real or perceived humor are offered.
Sumbissions:  [email protected]
Information:  http://wopr.ml.org/~hunt/mph-humor.html